Wine and Gourmet Cruising 2018
Croatia‘s Adriatic Sea connects the Mediterranean Sea with the heart of Europe. Along the most beautiful coast and Mediterranean islands, along Croatia’s coast from Dubrovnik, Split, Šibenik, Zadar, Rijeka, all the way to Istria, warm currents carry the Mediterranean climate impact deep into the continental parts of central and eastern Pannonian Croatia.
The history of grape vine cultivation stems back to the Roman Empire, to which our current territories belonged. Thus, Croatia is still nowadays one of the most valuable world areas for grape vine cultivation. With four different microclimate vineyard zones and numerous native grape vine sorts, Croatia is among rare countries which today cultivate numerous world-known grape vine sorts.
Revitalized modern wine production over the past 30 years had made Croatia one of the most perspective world micro wine regions. The richness of native grape vine sorts in all regions and over 2,500 small family wineries today make a rich wine offer, so we can ascertain that Croatia is today a real small jewel of the world’s wine scene.
Due to a relatively small total wine production, they are not much exported, so you can enjoy most of these valuable, yet rare wines only during your stay in Croatia.
This program is devoted to knowledgeable and demanding worshipers of eno-gas tourism. It is a program that will offer you an unforgettable experience of the Croatian Adriatic during seven days of sailing along with a visit of the most beautiful Dalmatian seaside wines and a tour of the best small wineries and top restaurants. In addition, during the cruise on the boat, you will be presented with the leadership of the best chef and sommelier the top- quality wines and gastronomy of all the Croatian wine regions.
In this journey you will find the most beautiful islands of Dalmatia (Brač, Hvar, Korčula) as well as peninsula Pelješac. With the expert guidance of our Sommelier during our stay on board, we will present four Croatian wine regions (Slavonia and Podunavlje, Brezovica Croatia, Istria & Kvarner and Dalmatia).
Wineries that are planned to be visited are following ones: BRAČ (Senjković, Stina), HVAR (Tomić, Plenković),Wineries that are planned to be visited are following ones: BRAČ (Senjković, Stina), HVAR (Tomić, Plenković),KORČULA (Bire, Zure, PZ.Čara), PELJEŠAC (Grgic, Matuško, Korta Katarina, Skaramuća), DUBROVNIK
- With traditional Croatian gastronomy we will present you almost all Croatian native wine varieties, including their best wineries and wines.
- In daily newspapers out of broad with the escort and lead of Sommelier you will visit and get to know the best Dalmatian wineries and taste their best wines.
- In the evening out on the boat we will visit the best restaurants and meet and enjoy a rich and healthy Mediterranean cuisine
- 7- days cruise in deluxe double or twin cabin with en-suite bathroom
- Service of 4 crew members + sommelier
- Welcome reception
- All non-alcoholic beverages (tea, coffee, water, juices…) all days, unlimited consumption
- Daily buffet breakfast
- 3 course dinner on the first day
- 3 course lunches for the next 6 days
- Abundant fresh fruit
- Wine tasting with all meals on board with expert guidance of our sommelier. He will present four Croatian wine regions (Slavonia and Danube, Croatian upland, Istria & Kvarner and Dalmatia). You will be presented traditional Croatian gastronomy including almost all Croatian native wine varieties, including their best wineries and wines.
- Expert guidance of our sommelier during your visits to wineries from the program
- Visitors’ taxes and port fees
- Luggage handling
- Daily cabin service and towel change two times a week
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard
- Use of all water sports equipment on board that doesn’t require dinghy use
- Dinghy transfer to the shore and back when not berthed in city port or marina
- Fuel for 4 hours of navigation a day
- Unlimited use of generator and air con, if necessary
- Crew salaries
- Necessary permits and boat insurance
Prices do not include: consumption of alcoholic drinks on board (on yacht’s bar) – except wines during wine presentation, dinners on board except on the first day, wine tasting in wineries from the program and taxi transfers to/from wineries, taxi transfers to or from the yacht/hotel/airport, extra shore excursions, adverse activities (scuba diving, big game fishing, rafting…), national park and park of nature entrances, guided tours, gratuities / tips for the crew.